It’s Tax Time. Is Your Construction Organization Ready?
3 Minute Read
Tackle Your Tax Questions During Viewpoint’s 2019 Tax Symposium for Construction
That three letter word is back: TAX. That word can mean something different depending on your role at your construction organization. For many, it’s a puzzling, stressful and taxing (pun intended) word. Even CPAs who may enjoy crunching numbers may find it frustrating to make sense of the construction tax landscape. And the process may be even more confusing with recent construction tax law updates and changes in the industry. What can construction companies deduct in 2019 and how do they avoid missing opportunities?
We have some good news for you. Even the non-number crunchers can find something to look forward to besides just another tax year full of forms and potential money out-the-door. Here are a few things that may put a spotlight, instead of a burnt out light bulb, on that three letter word:
- According to Construction Dive, 2019 is expected to be a great year for construction companies with the industry likely to continue to grow even with tariffs, ambiguous immigration laws and labor shortages.
- Recent opportunities, such as R&D tax credits and state and local tax incentive programs, give construction companies more to deduct. Something else to look forward to in 2019!
- Tax education is available for members of the construction industry. Learning tax processes, changes, opportunities and what’s ahead can help your organization gain ground and get the most out of a 2019 return and earn CPE hours in the process.
Viewpoint Tax Symposium — Created Just for Contractors
Viewpoint is providing a symposium to help your organization overcome obstacles related to taxes in 2019 and gain more knowledge on tax saving credits. These Viewpoint Tax Symposiums bring together some of the industry’s leading tax experts for a complimentary half-day seminar — in locations across the United States. Attendees will earn 2.5 hours of continuing professional education (CPE) credits and come away with a sound understanding of:
- Recent tax reforms
- Tax strategies for your construction company
- IRS updates and rules and procedures
- Preparation for an economic downfall
- Opportunities for tax incentives, partnerships and other programs
- Technologies for streamlining construction tax processes
- And much more!
The symposiums are being held in San Francisco, Phoenix, Philadelphia and Tyson’s Corner, Virginia. Fuel up with complimentary breakfast for a day full of knowledge building from construction industry experts on tax related topics.
Sign Up Now to Reserve Your Seat
Click on your city of interest for more information or to register and save your spot — as space is filling up fast!