Integrated Project Management for more profitable jobs
For on-time, profitable jobs these days it is essential to have a powerful project management tool to facilitate all the complex work activities that occur simultaneously. Vista™ by Viewpoint's Project Management is easy-to-use, reflects real world construction workflow and processes and is integrated with Vista Accounting - improving operational efficiencies, streamlining processes and eliminating double entry leading to more profitable projects as follows:
Viewpoint Project Management Software Features
- Project Information at your Fingertips – With Work Centers, a centralized hub, Project Managers are able to view, analyze and make decisions with critical data such as forecast cost to complete, budget overruns, unapproved change requests, unanswered RFIs, overdue submittals and revised specifications.
- Complete Document Tracking – Track submittals, RFIs, transmittals, daily logs, project meetings, punch lists and other project documents. Manage important documents including change orders, subcontracts and PO's.
- Streamlined Workflow – Automatically mine other Viewpoint modules for information regarding subcontractors, suppliers, vendors, materials crews, equipment, personnel and phases. The PM Import programs allow you to upload estimating data into Project Management from a variety of third party estimating software packages.
- Easy access to key information immediately.
- Fast information for project managers to ensure projects stay profitable.
- Reduce profit fade by staying ahead of scope changes and cost impacts.
- Seamless integration with accounting for efficient information flow.
- Simplified workflows for processing change orders, subcontracts and PO's.
- Reduce time spent searching and retrieving documents.
- Reduce project communication turnaround time.
Following are the features of Project Management providing the tools for businesses to simplify workflows, manage costs and stay profitable.
Work Centers – Information at a Glance
- Track and log critical information, perform tasks view related records, send email and include attachments associated with projects in one central location.
- Navigate PM records by project, view document logs, launch, edit and perform related tasks off returned data sets.
- Tailor workflows and easily organize tasks with intuitive information presentations.
- View, analyze and make decisions with up-to-date data such as forecast cost to complete, budget overruns, unapproved change requests, unanswered RFIs, and overdue submittals.
- View user-defined PM items that need attention for example, submittals that are coming due.
- Launch related tasks directly from another Project Management task - for example: create a Pending Change Order (PCO) from an Issue or Punch list and have the information subsequently pre-filled.
Effective Project Management
- Upload estimating data into Project Management from Viewpoint For Estimating or a variety of third-party estimating software packages.
- Edit or modify imported data such as estimates, contracts for billing and commitments as needed prior to releasing to Accounting.
- Automatically update Accounting and Job Cost with project subcontracts, PO’s, contracts and change orders approved in Project Management.
- React to changes in scope, assess impact to costs and automatically send change orders to subcontractors or owners for review.