Job Cost is the heart of any fully integrated construction accounting suite; it establishes the foundation for accuracy in your future estimates and helps gauge job performance against the current estimate. Designed to deliver Accounting and Operations timely and accurate information on the progress of jobs in useful formats, Job Cost provides an extensive library of reports and drill-down inquiries. Reports and inquiries that can be copied and modified, or new reports that can be developed using flexible Crystal Reports™.
Benefits of construction job costing include:
- View immediate cost information to assure every project is under budget and profitable
- Provide quick information for managers on the progress of jobs
- Receive real-time cost updates from Payroll, Accounts Payable, Equipment Management, and Inventory
- Stay ahead of surprises on projects in progress with unique project-specific data and reporting features
- Link Job Cost phases to billing items to analyze item profit or for creating job billings
- Reconcile Job Cost to General Ledger easily since revenue and cost types are tied to specific account code
- Track jobs or contract items linked to profit centers in GL integration with General Ledger
- Enter job budgets and change orders directly in Job Cost, or import from various estimating products
- Analysis of job performance to budget for units, hours, and costs, as well as calculated values such as cost/unit, hours/unit, units/hour, etc.
- Extensive library of over 1,200 reports and drill-down inquiries
- Automatic overhead allocations based on user-defined criteria
- Create user-defined memo fields and notes throughout the system to track miscellaneous information for sorting and reporting purposes
- Establish committed costs as job “buyout” flows through Purchase Order and Subcontract modules
- Automatically calculate projected final costs based on job-to-date costs and units or percent complete